Infant Massage: A Handbook For Loving Parents
Infant Massage: A Handbook for Loving Parents by Vimala McClure is a wonderful guide for parents who want to nurture their baby through touch. First published in 1979 and revised several times since, this book has withstood the tests of time and is still the bestseller in this field.
Clear photographs illustrate the massage taught by Infant Massage USA and the International Association of Infant Massage, which is a world-wide organization located in Sweden. Great section for fathers, a helpful chapter on massage and the child who is ill, good information on building the bond between you and your child, and an inspiring section of nursery rhymes and lullabies to go along with your massage.
Learn infant massage directly from the book, or use it with your infant massage class.
With the fourth edition, Vimala has updated this classic with a variety of new techniques and helpful information:
• specific routines tailored to help relieve colic, fever, and chest and nasal congestion
• easy-to-follow instructions and photographs demonstrating each step
• new information on the benefits of skin-to-skin contact
• instructions for premature infants and babies with special needs
• lullabies, rhymes, and games to enhance the massage experience
• a special chapter dedicated to fathers
• compassionate advice for foster and adoptive parents